Friday, May 7, 2010

Modify Tradition Quilt Swap information for my Secret Partner

Hi Secret Partner. Here are some likes and dislikes that I have. There maybe more coming....
I like bright colors. My current favorites are purples, reds, oranges, yellows and teals. I will often use a bit of black in my quilts. I don't like 30's reproductions or calicos.  When I go into fabric shops, I gravitate toward the brights and wild fabrics. I have not worked with batiks yet. I think they are cool. I love contemporary quilts but have not made one yet. I especially love small contemporary quilt/wallhangings with embellishments like buttons, paint etc... but I have never attempted to make one. I love applique and I have made several quilts with applique. I enjoy stitchery quilts. I do with some embroidery but I am not a big fan of traditional crazy quilts.... I have some asian fabrics  because my daughter is chinese. I like novelty fabrics but am perfectly content without them too.  I don't have a favorite fabric designer. I like the shabby chic look.  I try to make seasonal wallhangings to hang in my home. My wish is to hang the quilt you will be making but I don't need invisible tabs unless  you want to put them on. I am not into perfection just creativity. I enjoy some quilt blogs that have already been mentioned, like Oh Frasson, p.s. i quilt.  I enjoy scrappy quilts, but I have no favorite quilt pattern. Some quilt  designer's I enjoy are meme's quilts; pat sloan, cotton way and thimble blossoms. I like cinderberry stitches. I don't have a preference for a certain quilt pattern, I don't have a preference for a certain size of quilt. Don't go to any extra expense of buying fabric, unless you want to go shopping and I am a good excuse!!!!(Smile) I just want you to enjoy the process.  I hope this helps....

No comments:

Post a Comment